Korea Beauty Haul

Saturday, May 4, 2013

IMG_0335Paris has been known as the cosmetics capital of the world for the longest time now but I think South Korea is such a strong contender for the same title. The amount of stores selling cosmetics - in Myeongdong alone - is overwhelming even for a cosmetics junkie. And since our hotel was just within the area, I wouldn't pass up the chance to take home a beauty loot of my own. The popular cosmetic brands in Korea are Etude House, Missha, Nature Republic, Skin Food, Innisfree, Tony Moly, Holika Holika and Dearberry. I know there a lot of Etude House stores here in the Philippines already but I still couldn't resist to purchase a few things. Blame their cute packaging, 10% discount coupon I got in the hotel and my liking to get a lot of freebies. lol.
Beauty 3
Missha Signature Wrinkle Filler B.B Cream SPF 37. KRW 20,860 (Php 834.40) vs. PH retail price of Php 2,100
Don't get me wrong. I don't think I have premature wrinkles but the Korean saleslady convinced me that this is the best choice because of its "long-lasting effect". Well let's see if her claim is true. The BB cream is originally priced at KRW 29,800 (Php 1,192) but they're having a spring sale so it's 30% off, making it KRW 20,860 (Php 834.40) Hooray for a sale-priced item plus 3 packs of cleansing tissue as freebies. 

1. Innisfree Green Tea Pure Cleansing Foam 150 mL. KRW 12,000 (Php 480)
Packaging says it "revives dry, stressed skin by supplying abundant moisture". I guess I need to save this for the sleepless nights.
2. Innisfree Green Tea Mineral Mist 50 mL. KRW 5,000 (Php 200)
I used to always carry around an Evian mist spray on my bag but when the time came that's already used up I felt so guilty on buying another 280-pesos spray bottle of fancy water. But when I saw the Innisfree mineral mist I convinced myself that it's a different story. It has green tea and green tea complex from Jeju island! Let's see how the complex thingy-majigs from Jeju island will make a difference. 
And in case you're wondering, I got a green tea seed cream as the freebie. I have no idea what it is but I guess it's worth a try. Hmm let's Google it then! 
IMG_0340 1
1. Etude House Mini Brow Class Drawing Guide KRW 2,500 (Php 100). 
2. Etude House Precious Mineral BB Compact in Honey Beige W24. KRW 15,000 (Php 600).
3. Etude House Perfect Brow Kit. KRW 9,000 (Php 360). 
4. Etude House Drawing Show Creamy Liner in BK801. KRW 9,000 (Php 360).
Although gel liners are harder to use, I still prefer them over pencil liners. They don't smudge plus I don't have to sharpen anything. 
5. Etude House Essence Mask Collagen. Promo price of KRW 5,000 (Php 200 or Php 20/pack) 
Honestly, I have tried using facial masks but since Koreans are big fans of facial masks I thought that it's worth a try. I'll never know - the facial masks might be the reason behind their flawless skin. 
6. Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk Lipstick in OR 204. KRW 8,500 

Note: Only the numbered products are my actual purchases. Yup, got so many freebies! Good thing I'm a sucker for freebies. Who isn't anyway? 
Korea Shopping Tip: If your purchase is at least KRW 30,000 worth, make sure to ask for a tax free receipt so you can ask for a tax refund at the airport. The net refund value is not that big at 5% but it's still worth saving a few bucks. 

Which one is your fave among the bunch? 
Stay tuned for the detailed beauty review for this Korea beauty haul! 

XX,
Jess
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER/INSTAGRAM
@jessnothinless

3 comments :

  1. Ang generous nila sa freebies. Hope to hear what you have to say about the eyebrow stencil soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae for dropping by. Sure I'll do a review on the eyebrow stencil. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your haul, Jessica! Thanks for dropping by my blog :D Your blog is so helpful in getting to know so many beauty products.

    ReplyDelete