Pangasinan Roadtrip

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All my life, I've always been a city girl. I remember growing up wondering why my classmates would visit their provinces during summers or holidays and precisely why they have provinces and I don't. 
Sometimes, I just act all cool and say "oh cause my parents grew up in the city". But sometimes, I feel jealous.

How come they can describe the insect noises at night? How come they come to school with native specialities to hand out? How come they can tweet or make their statuses "Going back to Manila". And I can't? huhu 
Who could've thought that our barely planned trip would push through. I remember it was 12 midnight and we don't have a car to use yet. Just when everything is failing, UV Express came to the rescue. We were against all odds at first but I guess it really is time for me to explore the provinces for once. 
Our planned itinerary is Manila-Baguio-Manila then just make a stopover at Pangasinan. 
But we ended up spending so much time in Pangasinan! 
Touchdown Baguioooo City! Summer Capital of the Philippines, yo! 
Once upon a time there was a
chubby Indian-looking kid
After  14 years... 
*Poof* 
I don't think I look like any of the kid photos. Is it just me? 
Me as a kid = Big Fat Female Boxer 
Don't get me wrong! I loved being one! I have been always referred to as the fat/cute one. Wehhh di nga? haha! 
 The fog scares me. :| Makes you feel hypnotized of some sort @-) 
Ricefields always remind me of the song. 
♫ Magtanim ay di biro


Maghapong nakayuko
Di naman makatayo
Di naman makaupo 

Hundred Islands! Only in the Philippines! 
 
The boat ride to the island is refreshing. 
The silent waves forces you to think hard and deep and still remain calm. 

Carthel Island in the heart of Sual, Pangasinan
Just like a WOW Philippines postcard. :)) 
Meet Hufflelump! Our travel buddy in the trip! 
Provinces are still here for a reason. And sometimes we neglect the fact that provinces are beautiful because we focus too much on modernity. We tend to opt for everything modern - modern gadgets, modern-style houses and sometimes even modern values. 

Well, if you were to ask me, it's always better to find the perfect balance between the traditional and  the modern. Traditions allow us to discover who we are while modernities allow us to decide where we want to head next. 

I can proudly say that I have been a promdi (from the province) even just for a little while. 
And honestly, I loved every second of being one. 

XX, 
Jess

P.S. I still have to work on describing insect noises. But I do have native pasalubongs to hand out! 
I would like to thank everyone who made this trip possible for us! 

No comments :

Post a Comment