Suntec City Mall & Mustafa, Singapore

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Travel Series. It will be sort of the new segment in my blog. I recently discovered how much I really love traveling. During my last trip to Singapore, I didn't care that my feet hurts like hell. Pretty much, I just walked and walked non-stop. I wanted to make the most out of the day and explore the city! 

This segment in my blog is made to narrate my experiences to all those people who has the same passion for traveling! 


Episode 1: Singapore Day 1



1:00 PM at the NAIA Airport Boarding Place

We should've been in the plane by now but the flight was delayed for around 30-45 mins. :|
According to the flight attendant in the plane it was due to the Air Traffic Control in Manila. 


My mom and sister with my dad sleeping in the background (haha)

He was so bored he fell asleep!



In the plane

My boarding ticket + the book I specifically bought for this flight

The book is by Mr. Trump and it's about just what the title says 
"Think Big in Business and in Life". 

I haven't finished the book yet but yea it's about being tough so that you can get what you want. Also, the key in being successful is TO THINK BIG cause it makes you settle for nothing less. 


The view from the plane


Around 6:30 PM 
Finally reached Singapore's Terminal

Waiting in line for the Immigration dude to let me in in his country 

Discovered later on that cameras are not allowed at their airport. Oops. :| 


At the hotel at around 8:45 PM

We rode the city train from Changi Airport to our hotel. It was tiring and really challenging cause we had to carry our luggages the entire time. And then we made a crucial mistake, we went down in Somerset station instead of Dhoby Ghaut Station so we had to walk for a good 15-20 minutes to reach the hotel. We even ended up going up a tunnel park of some sort and yes still with our luggages. haha

We stayed in this budget-friendly hotel near the Dhoby Ghaut station




After leaving our bags at the hotel, we rushed to Suntec City Mall to eat dinner


Food Republic is what I think Singaporeans call their food court


Ordered the Hainanese chicken meal at this food stall called Sergent Hainanese Chicken. It's basically just white chicken with different sauces like oyster sauce, ginger sauce and some sort of a spicy sauce. 

This meal costs 4.50 SGD


After eating dinner, we wanted to check the stores in the mall but it was too late. :( It's already their closing time. 

In our itinerary, we decided to go to Mustafa so we wouldn't waste our first day stay in SG.

 (You can ride the MRT and go down Farrer Park to go there then after exiting the station you just have to walk for 5-10 mins and you're there!)

Basically, Mustafa is a 24-hour department store. The place was full of Indians! It's like Little India to me. The mall itself sells lots of Indian stuff like Indian-inspired saris, accessories, etc...

We only managed to purchase a set of bangles that's worth 2.50 SGD for 20 pieces! 


After our trip to Mustafa, we decided to go back to the hotel since it's already late and we don't want to miss our train going back

(last train rides ranges at 11:45 PM to 12:30 PM, so make sure you're in the station before it closes!) 

That's me reloading my EZ-link card!


I was so thirsty after so we went to look for a 7-Eleven store. Gladly we found one, 5-10 minutes away from the Dhoby Ghaut Station


My happy self! Even at 11:30 pm. I'm still so excited to roam the streets of Singapore. Oh well, I just have to wait for the next day to tour around. 

So much things to do, so little time indeed! 

Till my next post, Singapore Day 2! :)

XX, 
Jess

2 comments :