What's with Women and Handbags, Anyway?

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I grew up wondering why women spend so much money on handbags alone. Women from all walks of life seem to covet that latest designer handbag. And honestly, they don’t care if they would put themselves on that dreadful waiting list and blow off their three-months worth of salary and just for what? 
You guessed it right, a handbag. So the lingering question is...

What is with women and handbags anyway?

I think a quote from the movie, The Devil Wears Prada, perfectly explains it.
 Nate: Why do women need so many bags?
Lilly: Shut up.
Nate: You have one. You put all your junk in it, and that's it. You're done.
Doug: Fashion is not about utility. An accessory is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity.
Lilly: Oh! And it's pretty.
Doug: That too.

If you ask me, I have to go with Doug on this one. Fashion is no longer just about people dressing up for sanity. Gone are the days, my dear. At this point in time, people take fashion seriously. Well, why shouldn’t they? It’s a booming billion-dollar industry! 

Well, for a girl like me, I don’t need to have the most coveted designer bag. All I want is something that I can channel my “inner girl scout”. Instantly, when I saw this Lulu Double Zip + Hobo Bag by Accessorize, I just knew that I have to have it.
I can stuff all the things that I want to stuff and still look fashionable. I think that the best thing about Accessorize is that they offer a variety of choices that makes every girl find her perfect bag match! We all have different needs and tastes and Accessorize offers just that. 

When I heard about their All About Bags Sale, I just couldn't believe it! But really, it's reaaaaaal! Everything at 50% off, even the new arrivals. Next year, I know I'll be first in line. haha 
All About Bags is the first of an annual bag sale that will commemorate the love between Accessorize and its customers.   With a wide range offering of collection bags that go from day bags of urban vintage heritage and Japanesque inspired pieces to evening bags of gold and patent perfect colors with geometric prints, and satchels in tooled leathers with exaggerated fringing, all capturing the top trends and colours of the season.

At the end of the day, a handbag is an expression of the needs and tastes of both its wearer and its time. A handbag is no longer just a handbag. It is an extension of who you are. And of course “it’s pretty!” yes, that too! Haha 


Like Accessorize Philippines to get the latest news and updates!
Thanks to Anna Viray for the photos and editing

Share the Bag Love! 
XX, 
Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment